I just spent about ten minutes looking for how to post a new post. I finally found it. Now I know I'm new at this but it shouldn't be that hard right? Well, come to find out for some reason my computer only had "ne" showing. So, I didn't know that was where you were supposed to click. But, alas, I'm posting!
Okay, so I'm not really sure the point of this but I read Melissa's blog often and it appears as if it's like a journal. So, here goes...
Our news here in the ATL: We are getting married (more on that in a minute). As if that wasn't stressful enough to plan, we are now moving as well. I will post pics of the new pad as soon as I get them. We are signing the contract tonight. If you are reading this and didn't know, the house that I'm living in now the Landlord forclosed and the bank called to tell us they were starting the eviction process. Luckily, they offered us $1000.00 "cash for keys" which basically says that if we get out within two weeks and take all our personal stuff with us, in addition to leaving all the appliances and light fixtures that we could get the money. So, I took the offer. The house we are moving into is a bit smaller but nicer than what we are in now.
On to the wedding, wahoo. Thank goodness for good news. Everything is going as planned so far. I am counting down the days not to get to the day of but to get to the forecast. The earliest that I know of is 14 day forecast. If you know of somewhere that lets you look further in advance let me in on it. Well, it's not like those are all that accurate anyway. But, for real, if it rains I will have wasted a lot of money and it will become very cramped. Here is why I am worried about the rain: The wedding and reception is at my sisters house. She has a large house but we are getting married in the back yard. If we have to move it inside it will be so squished! Also, we got a big air jumpie slide for the kids which (unless their parents let them go on it in the rain) will be useless. In addition about fifty kids are coming...can you imagine an already tight space with fifty kids??? As it stands the reception will be indoor outdoor. And the kids have their own area in both. There is a playroom and then outside there are a ton of activities. If it moves indoor to just the playroom...yikes, kids will be fighting all over the place! In addition, we have a live band. You can't really move one of those indoor! Luckily she has a covered porch so they could play under there but still. In my head I picture people moving indoor and outdoor freely and enjoying the band, maybe a little dancing, etc. If we are all stuck inside and the band is outside...yuck! And, lastly, we got butterflies to release as part of the children making wishes for their new family. You can't release butterflies inside!!! Okay, so now that my stress level is expressed, I'm super excited if GA remains in a drought on 08-08-08! Okay, that is enough for now. I will have to post pictures when I get to it. Because all this wordy stuff is probably very boring!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yeah! Lora I don't know which is more exciting...you starting a blog or you getting married!!! Haha, j/k. Of course the wedding is tops! Congratulations!
Oh hey, it looks like you might be on your honeymoon, but we are coming to Atlanta Aug 11-18 to visit Jason's family in Marietta.
I don't know if you'll read this after you already did the comment, but I will be back on August 16th. So, if you are still here...
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girl, you've got some sweet wedding plans. I am absolutely sending up anti-rain dance moves for you. AND I'm big time praying that the guy Dan works with is really out of town on the 8th so I can fly in. I better send DAn another message right now to remind him to find out. I am going to have a major pity party for myself if I can't be there to celebrate with you! love you and can't wait to hear more about the new pad
We will still be there! I know we will have our nephew's missionary farewell on the 17th so we will have to talk and figure out timing. Our flight leaves Monday morning, Aug. 18 at 11:30. That would be fun to see you!
Wahoo!!!! Very fun to catch up with you! Congrats on the upcoming day - good timing - you'll have a hard time forgetting that anniversary date. Can't wait to see some pics!
congratulations! Please take lots of pictures and put them on here. I hope the weather is great for you. Good Luck.
Post a Comment